Sunday, December 27, 2009

My grandson Andrew

The good thing about getting older is my memory becomes very selective. I don't remember David ever being as active and curious as Andrew. Sure I remember his turning off my power strip and disconnecting my computer, but I think that was more out of frustration--he wanted on it so he could "paint" and his marking up my walls down in the basement and such, but Andrew is in a class by himself. He can climb on anything. Melanie LeFevre, in the nursery, turned her back on him for one minute and he had climbed on top of the toy stove unit, not on it, but on top of it. So on Christmas when our big screen TV had a glitch, Rob had pulled it out to find out what had happened. He got his volt meter and started investigating. But he got distracted and as Rob is wont to do, left everything just strewn all over. We were talking in the livingroom when David thought he had seen something and checked behind the TV to see if Andrew were there. He wasn't, but something was still concerning him, so he took a closer look, only to discover that Andrew had climbed up inside the guts of the TV and David had to pull him out very carefully so as not to electrocute him. I think the closest David ever got to that behavior was his story of how he and Seth pushed the "enter" key and entered into the guts of the computer, but that was fictional. Andrew is living the life!

3 comments:

  1. Wow... someone needs to start telling that kid no more often. ;) Mom! He just wanted to see how it worked!! (Remember, David and the merry-go-round! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog picture. I think you meant to say that you don't remember David being as active as ANDREW? - you wrote David being as active as David . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true, this goes to show you how I compose as I think, and I'm tired when I blog, good-night!

    ReplyDelete